1 The Muppet Mindset: "?" with Jarrod Fairclough: What is Going on with the Fraggle Rock Movie?

Oct 21, 2010

"?" with Jarrod Fairclough: What is Going on with the Fraggle Rock Movie?


Jarrod Fairclough Presents: "?"
Because Asking Questions Is A Good Way To Find Out Things
Question: What the heck is going on with the Fraggle Rock Movie?

Jarrod Fairclough - Good day my little friends, and welcome to the next edition of "?", where I ask hard hitting questions about grouches and Katy Perry. Today's question is one that has been addressed several times--on this very site, on ToughPigs, and on a particular blog, led by a particular person, who I shall be, after writing this, e-mailing for a certain answer. It’s something a little more serious than Katy Perry’s chest or Oscar’s head, but something that every Muppet fan wants to know.

Today's question is: What the heck is going on with the Fraggle Rock Movie?

For too many years, we Fraggle fans have been teased and teased with the prospect of new Fraggle material, namely a Fraggle Rock movie! The Hensons have said its definitly going to happen, and Cory Edwards has been updating us on his blog about all the trials and tribulations that go on making this film. Apparently the producing people gave Cory a few notes on one of his last scripts that said “Isn’t edgy enough” – It’s Fraggle freakin’ Rock, it’s not meant to be edgy! You want edgy puppets, go see Avenue Q. (Note: That is in no way a jab at Avenue Q. Truth be told, it’s really the only musical I have ever liked, and I tried to audition for the Australian tour.)

Edgy Fraggles?  Isn’t the name ‘Boober’ edgy enough? We know the film will be in good hands under Cory, he’s said so himself, and who better to say that than him? But for a few months, Cory has been pretty silent, only giving away a little bit. So I thought I might use my powers of questioning for good, and give Cory a chance to once and for all explain just what the heck is going on with this film!

Personally, I hope that the movie is sooner rather than later. I have fond memories of Fraggle Rock–the first time I ever saw it I had broken my arm, and it was the only thing that put a smile on my face. Then I fell asleep during a Convincing John episode, which sounds shoddy, but I fell asleep to the sound of Fraggles, and that’s pure bliss.

We need to end the Fraggles on a high note. I’m not sure about you, but the animated series wasn’t really the best thing in the world. And I don’t know about you, but if ‘Follow Me’ isn’t in the movie, I’m going to cry like a little girl! Well, I’m now going to get to the bottom of this, so if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to dance my cares away.

Cheers, Muppet fans!
Jarrod












The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner