1 The Muppet Mindset: (Kind of) Weekly Muppet Quotes: Statler and Waldorf

Nov 14, 2011

(Kind of) Weekly Muppet Quotes: Statler and Waldorf

Casey Daron - Who do you think the funniest Muppets are? In my opinion, it is Statler and Waldorf. A Muppet movie cannot BE a Muppet movie without Statler and Waldorf. Their wisecracks, remarks, and jokes maintain the comedy of the Muppets, and it wouldn't be the same without them. I've never truly thought of them as bad guys, and I am excited to see their role in The Muppets. Will Statler and Waldorf help Tex enough to destroy the theater? We will just have to wait a long eight days to find out.

"I always dreamed we'd be back here."
"Those weren't dreams! Those were nightmares!"
~ Statler and Waldorf, The Muppets

"I guess that all's well, ends well."
"Doesn't matter to me, as long as it ends!"
~ Statler and Waldorf, The Great Muppet Caper

"Well, Waldorf, they made it to Broadway."
"Yes, and I already bought tickets."
"Are they good seats?"
"Sure are. They're on the next train out of town!"
~ Statler and Waldorf, The Muppets Take Manhattan

"Is breakfast over?"
"No, why?"
"Because I think the bacon just ran out!"
~ Statler and Waldorf, Muppets From Space

"Every week, this show looks better to me."
"Every week, your eyesight gets worse!”
~ Statler and Waldorf, The Muppet Show, Episode 121

"Well, how do you like the film?"
"I've seen detergents leave a better film than this."
~ Statler and Waldorf, The Muppet Movie







The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, ryguy102390@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. My favorite quote of them (plus conversation actually!)

    STATLER: Boo!
    WALDORF: Boooo!
    STATLER: That was the worst thing I’ve ever heard!
    WALDORF: It was terrible!
    STATLER: Horrendous!
    WALDORF: Well it wasn’t that bad.
    STATLER: Oh, yeah?
    WALDORF: Well, there were parts of it I liked!
    STATLER: Well, I liked a lot of it.
    WALDORF: Yeah, it was GOOD actually.
    STATLER: It was great!
    WALDORF: It was wonderful!
    STATLER: Yeah, bravo!
    WALDORF: More!
    STATLER: More!
    WALDORF: More!
    STATLER: More!

    I do agree.. they are the funniest muppets :)
    Btw where do you get all your info from; its pretty impressive!

    Cheers,

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Stephen, would you know from which episode the Boo-Boo/More-More quote is from?

      Best,

      Patrik

      Delete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner